Sunday, October 31, 2010

Drummer of the Week: Travis Barker

I've mentioned Travis Barker many times on this blog, so you might be wondering why I find him amazing. When I first saw him on MTV in 1998, I think what attracted me the most was how involved he was with his set -- he looked like he was using his whole body to play. Blink 182 wasn't one of my favorite bands, but Travis always stuck out to me as an energetic, cool drummer.

I recently found this video of him:



Isn't that cool?

Sometimes he does remixes of popular songs, such as the rap song, "Forever" by Drake. This is the kind of energy I'm talking about:



Doesn't he look like he's having a blast? I love it.

When he was in a plane crash with DJ AM in 2008, I freaked out thinking he wouldn't be able to play drums anymore. Thankfully, he can.

No comments:

Post a Comment