Saturday, November 13, 2010

Drummer of the Week: Nick Jonas

It's not very common for a 24 year old to enjoy the Jonas Brothers...but I do. They remind me of Hanson -- a young, sibling trio, who are singers, songwriters, and instrumentalists. Besides, I'm a huge Disney fan, always have been, and I can't resist cheerful, pop tunes with great harmonies. When I found out Nick Jonas -- the youngest in the trio -- is a drummer, I wasn't surprised. He's the most musically-inclined of the bunch; he writes the majority of the tunes, plays multiple instruments (piano, drums, guitar), and possesses the best vocal range.

I was lucky enough to see their show at the Verizon Center in 2009 when Jordin Sparks was the opening act. During the encore, Jordin Sparks came back out to sing her new song, "Battlefield," with the guys, while Nick played the drums. Check out a fan video below:



No comments:

Post a Comment